Green Leader (Cambodia) Co., Ltd, a subsidiary of China’s Hong Kong-based Green Leader Holdings Group, on Sunday [1 April 2018] began the construction of its first cassava processing plant in Cambodia’s southeastern Kratie province…Full Article: Xinhua Apr 2018
- Within 5 years (~2023), Green Leader Holdings Group (HKG: 0061) hopes to have 20 cassava processing factories in Cambodia.
- The cassava processing factory will be constructed in a Special Economic Zone in Snuol District, Kratié Province, northeastern Cambodia. The factory will cost USD 20 million and will have an annual processing capacity of 130,000 MTs of cassava. Cassava is used for animal feed and ethanol production.
- In December 2014, Chinese and Cambodian companies reach numerous agricultural agreements. The deals included China purchasing 200,000 MTs of cassava chips (~US49 million) and 30,000 MTs of milled rice from Cambodia’s Mekong Oryza Trading company. In addition, China’s Fuzhou Newgroup Industry agreed to distribute beer from Cambodia’s Khmer Brewery Ltd. (for one year) throughout the mainland.
- From 2013 to 2014, according to Cambodia’s Ministry of Agriculture, Cambodian exports of cassava to China increased from 55,200 MTs to 119,600 MTs.
- Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Hong Kong, Green Leader Holdings Group (HKG: 0061) is an investment holding company that operates coking (coal) factories in Shanxi Province, as well as cassava starch processing in Cambodia. As of 2017, the company controlled 43,000 ha of land in Cambodia.
Hong Kong Trends