A shipment of 658 pigs from France that arrived in China on Wednesday [6 December 2018] will soon be put to work – making sweet amour. The China Southern Airlines flight from Paris arrived at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport on Wednesday after making the 11-hour trip…Full Article: ECNS.cn Dec 2017
- A Chinese company based in Xiangyang County, Hubei Province, ordered 1,200 breeder pigs (4 different species) from France. The order will be completed in four shipments, with the first shipment (658 pigs) arriving in December 2017. The pigs will now have to spend 45 days in quarantine before being cleared for distribution.
- In August 2017, the hogs imported by China Animal Husbandry Group (CAHB) in Hunan Province were released from quarantine. Of the original 1,012 boars, 980 passed the 45-day quarantine and health test. The boars were then distributed to six farms across the provinces of Hunan, Guangdong, Henan, as well as Tianjin Municipality.
- In June 2017, China Animal Husbandry Group (CAHB) imported 1,012 boars (breeding male pigs) from Chicago to Hunan Province. The boards were subsequently held in quarantine for 45 days before being distributed. During the same month, Yunnan Province imported 1,057 boars from the USA.
- In July 2016, China Animal Husbandry Group (CAHB) announced it would invest a 71.8% stake in a new Mataura Valley Milk dairy factory in Gore, New Zealand (South Island). The dairy will reportedly produce infant formula, ultra-high temperature (UHT) cream, and skim milk powder.
- From November 2013 to August 2015, China lost 100 million boars and 10 million sows (adult female hogs). China’s pig inventory peaked in 2013.
- In 2013, the USA suffered from an outbreak of porcine epizootic diarrhea virus (PEDV). As a result, Chinese imports of live breeder hogs fell to zero by 2016. In general though, the USA typically comprises 30% to 60% of China’s live boar (breeder hogs) imports.
- In 2012, for the first time ever, Hunan Province imported more than 1,000 boars from the USA via a chartered flight.
- Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Beijing, China Animal Husbandry Industry (SHA:600195) is a Shanghai-listed company that is administrated by China’s State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC). The company (aka China Animal Husbandry Group or CAHB) produces and distributes feed additives, veterinary vaccines, milk powder, whey protein, DDGS, alfalfa, poultry (broiler breeders), meat (beef), animal feed (hogs, fish, chickens, ducks), honey, and pet food.
- China’s pig population and pork production mainly lies along Yangtze River. In 2011, Sichuan province had 51 million pigs (11% of China’s supply) and produced 4.8 million MTs of pork (10% of China’s output). Henan province had 45.6 million pigs and produced 4 million MTs of pork, while Hunan province had 41.5 million heads and also produced 4 million MTs of pork.
Hong Kong Trends