The Sinochem Group has launched an intelligent agricultural platform in east China’s Anhui Province, which the major producer of chemicals and fertilizer hopes will help make farming work easier. An online-offline combination, it can provide a wide range of services ranging from seed selection to soil detection and machinery training…Full Article: Xinhua Dec 2017
- Sinochem’s agricultural platform, which will focus on supplying fertilizer, seeds and pesticides, as well as streamlining contract farming, has already begun operating in Lujiang County, central Anhui Province. Sinochem has 66,000 ha of demonstration farms in various provinces including Anhui, Jilin and Jiangsu. By the end of 2018, the company hopes to roll-out the platform nationwide.
- In November 2017, the Sinochem Agriculture MAP (Modern Agricultural Platform) Service Center was established in in Lujiang County, central Anhui Province.
- In August 2017, Sinochem Agriculture Business and CNH International signed an agricultural cooperation agreement.
- In May 2017, Sinochem Agriculture announced it would rollout a Modern Agricultural Platform (MAP) model to increase agricultural product supply efficiency.
- In February 2017, Sinochem Group was holding preliminary talks to become a key investor in the struggling Noble Group (SGX:N21). Beginning in 2015 and continuing into 2016, Noble Group Limited shares have declined significantly (SGD 1.20 or ~USD 0.85 per share in mid-February 2015 to SGD 0.22 or ~USD 0.16 per share in mid-February 2017). In April 2014, COFCO acquired a 51% stake (estimated at US$1.5 billion) in Noble Group’s Agribusiness Division (trades in grains, oilseeds, sugar, cocoa, cotton, and coffee).
- In mid-October 2016, it was announced that ChemChina and SinoChem would merge. The merger between ChemChina and SinoChem may also include another Chinese organization/company that would invest US$15 billion in the deal. ChemChina and Sinochem merger talks were reportedly continuing into mid-2017.
Hong Kong Trends