Zhujiang Brewery Co Ltd, one of the major beer producers in China, is expecting the Belt and Road Initiative to help further expand its offshore sales in the coming year. Chen Xuande, general manager assistant of Zhujiang Brewery, said overseas expansion has great potential for the company, as foreign sales now represent only about 5 percent of the total sales volume…Full Article: China Daily Nov 2017
- Going forward, Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery hopes to expand its market presence in Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, and Russia.
- In 2016, Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery (SHE: 002461) had CNY 4 billion (USD 615 million in sales.
- In July 2015, Anheuser-Busch InBev increased its stake in Zhujiang Brewery to 29.99% after a CNY 1.6 billion (~USD 258 million) investment.
- In November 2002, Interbrew purchased a 24% stake in Zhujiang Brewery for USD 19.5 million.
- In July 2002, Interbrew signed an agreement to purchase 24% of Zhujiang Brewery.
- In March 2002, Interbrew (see Anheuser-Busch InBev) and Zhujiang Brewery signed a Memorandum of Understanding in Shanghai.
- Founded in 1985 and headquartered in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery (SHE: 002461) is state-owned brewery whose brands include “Pearl River” (Zhujiang), “Supra”, and “Chunsheng” (Draft Beer).
Hong Kong Trends