Cargo train services have been launched between Yichang in central China’s Hubei Province, and Hamburg, Germany. A train carrying fresh oranges, medical gauze and packaging film departed from Yichang East Railway Station Monday [20 November 2017] morning, marking inauguration of the service…Full Article: ECNS.cn Nov 2017
- The freight train will reach Hamburg, Germany, via Wuhan, Russia, Belarus and Poland.
- In October 2017, the Wuhan-Europe freight train route began exporting food products (e.g. liquor) to Duisburg, Germany.
- In August 2017, freight train service between Munich, Germany, and Zhengzhou, Henan Province, began operation.
- In July 2017, Duisburg, Germany, exported (via rail freight) French wine to Shanghai. This second test shipment of French wine to China was carried out by JF Hillebrand (alcoholic beverage exporter) and the InterRail Group (rail freight transport company).
- In May 2017, the first wine shipment was sent from Duisburg, Germany, to Yiwu, Zhejiang Province. The journey took 22 days, while exports by sea generally take 35 days.
- In May 2016, a cargo train route linking Duisburg, western Germany, with Ürümqi, Xinjiang Region, (via Kazakhstan, Russia and Poland) began operation.
- In July 2015, Dehong Hogood began exporting coffee via the Chongqing-Xinjiang-Europe railway link (Chongqing – Lanzhou, Gansu province – Urumqi, Xinjiang region – Alataw Pass – Kazakhstan – Russia – Belarus – Poland – Duisburg, Germany). The rail journey takes 14 days, saving the coffee company 30 to 35 days when compared to its old export (sea) route via Guangzhou, Guangdong province.
- In July 2013, Zhengzhou launched its China-Europe freight train route to Hamburg, Germany.
- In 2012, China launched the Wuhan-Europe freight train cargo route.
Hong Kong Trends