The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and China’s Hong Kong strengthened their trade and economic relations on Sunday [12 November 2017] with the signing of a free trade agreement and a related document to help facilitate trade and investment. The agreements aim to provide ASEAN and Hong Kong with better access to each other’s markets, create new business opportunities, and further enhance trade and investment flows between the two sides…Full Article: Xinhua Nov 2017
- On 1 January 2019, the Hong Kong-ASEAN Free Trade Agreement is expected to go into effect.
- In September 2017, Hong Kong and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) concluded their negotiations on a Free Trade Agreement (FTA). By November 2017, according to HKSAR’s Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, Hong Kong and ASEAN will sign a FTA, as well as an Investment Agreement.
- From July 2014 to July 2017, Hong Kong and ASEAN held FTA negotiations.
- In September 2013, a MoU on agricultural cooperation between the ASEAN Secretariat and the Ministry of Agriculture of the People’s Republic of China was renewed for another five years.
- In January 2010, the ASEAN–China Free Trade Area came into effect. The FTA excluded Hong Kong.
- In August 2009, China and ASEAN signed an Investment Agreement.
Hong Kong Trends