New statistics are suggesting a group of quality brands from the Chinese mainland are gaining popularity in the Hong Kong market. Boosted by a project supporting quality brands launched by Tmall, Alibaba’s online shopping platform, some 100 mainland brands have seen a sales increase of over 30 percent in Hong Kong…Full Article: ECNS.cn Oct 2017
- The most popular mainland food product in Hong Kong was Laoganma Chili Sauce from Guizhou Province. Other popular products included spicy duck necks from Hubei Zhouheiya Food and Beijing’s Baihua Honey [i.e. 百花官方旗舰店].
- To date, China’s Ministry of Commerce has certified approximately 1,200 domestic brands, of which, more than 600 are sold on Alibaba’s Tmall platform.
- In May 2017, a former employee of Guiyang Nanming Laoganma Special Flavour Foodstuffs was arrested on suspicion of disseminating the production process of Laoganma’s hot chili sauce. In May 2016, a rival food company was found to be producing an identical chili sauce product. In November 2016, these concerns were relayed to law enforcement authorities.
- In November 2016, Hubei Zhouheiya Food (HKG:1458) was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- In May 2016, Hubei Zhouheiya Food (aka Zhou Hei Ya International Holdngs) announced it would hold an IPO on the Hong Stock Exchange and hoped to raise US$500 million.
- In January 2016, 35 Chinese restaurants/snack bars were under investigation for the use of illegal food ingredients, including poppy capsules. Two of the restaurants/snack bars under investigation sold “Zhouheiya” branded products.
- In 2015, Hubei Zhouheiya Food recorded a net profit of CNY 306 million (US$46.7 million).
- In November 2010, Hubei Zhouheiya Food received an investment from Tiantu Capital, a private equity firm based in Shenzhen.
- Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Wuhan, Hubei Province, Hubei Zhouheiya Food (HKG:1458) is a producer and distributor known for its duck meat products. The company sells its products in Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing, Wuhan, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Changsha, Hangzhou, Zhengzhou, Nanjing, Nanchang.
- Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Guiyang, Guizhou Province, Guiyang Nanming Laoganma Special Flavour Foodstuffs is a manufacturer of chili sauce condiments.
Hong Kong Trends