Global food and beverage giant Nestle launched its own artificial intelligence (AI) product with Chinese e-commerce platform JD.com Tuesday [19 September 2017], in a move to meet the demands of increasingly tech-savvy Chinese consumers. Nestle XiaoAI, an AI family nutrition assistant, is a smart speaker equipped with nutrition and health knowledge that can answer questions from users on custom recipes, music and nutrition…Full Article: ECNS.cn Sept 2017
- Nestlé XiaoAI is built into Beijing LingLong’s (a subsidiary of JD.com) DingDong voice-activated smart home speaker [see Amazon Echo and Google Home]. Iflytek Co (SHE:002230), a Chinese IT and software company, assisted in the development of Nestlé XiaoAI.
- In July 2017, China’s State Council published its national nutrition plan for 2017-2030.
- In June 2016, Nestlé and Alibaba Group announced plans to bolster their partnership. Nestlé sells 30 brands on Alibaba including coffee, infant formula, and other food products.
- In 2015, online sales comprised 50% of Nestlé’s sales in China.
- Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Beijing, Jingdong Mall (aka JD.com) is one of China’s largest e-commerce platforms. In May 2014, the company was listed on New York’s NASDAQ Stock Exchange (NASDAQ:JD). The company’s original focus was electronics.
Hong Kong Trends