Ghana needs to take advantage of China’s support to the South-South Cooperation to develop solar irrigation facilities for farmers across the country in the face of high power tariffs, an official of the Ghana Irrigation Development Authority (GIDA) said. This, the official believes, will enable the farmers remain profitable and competitive in their chosen vocation…Full Article: Xinhua Sept 2017
- A United Nations Development Program (UNDP) workshop was held in Ghana to introduce Chinese renewable energy stakeholders. The UNDP funds the China-Ghana-Zambia Renewable Energy Technology Transfer (RETT) program.
- In July 2017, China donated grain (i.e. corn and millet) and oilseed (i.e. soybeans) processing machinery to Northern Region, Ghana.
- In 2010, China and Ghana signed a USD 20 million agreement to construct fish-landings for along the Ghanaian coast.
- In 2009, three agricultural experts from China visited Ghana to provide assistance on fishing, rice production, and irrigation systems.
- Established in 1978 (originally endorsed in 1974) by the United Nations, the South-South cooperation is designed to facilitate the exchange of resources and technological know-how between two or more developing countries (generally located in the “Global South”).
- In 1960, People’s Republic of China (PRC) and Ghana established official diplomatic ties.
Hong Kong Trends