China’s Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) announced Saturday the conclusion of the negotiations on a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and a related Investment Agreement…Full Article: China Daily Sept 2017
- In November 2017, according to HKSAR’s Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, Hong Kong and ASEAN will sign a FTA, as well as an Investment Agreement.
- From July 2014 to July 2017, Hong Kong and ASEAN held FTA negotiations.
- In September 2013, a MoU on agricultural cooperation between the ASEAN Secretariat and the Ministry of Agriculture of the People’s Republic of China was renewed for another five years.
- In January 2010, the ASEAN–China Free Trade Area came into effect. The FTA excluded Hong Kong.
- In August 2009, China and ASEAN signed an Investment Agreement.
Hong Kong Trends