Yangling, an agricultural high-tech demonstration zone in Northwest China’s Shaanxi province, is working on developing smart agriculture through improving the scale of intelligent technology use in agriculture production. A plant protection unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) was demonstrated in Yangling on Monday [28 August 2017]…Full Article: China Daily Sept 2017
- A drone, developed by Shaanxi Zhuangke Agriculture Science and Technology Company, was used to collect data for 10 hectares of kiwifruit orchards in Yangling, Shaanxi Province.
- In October 2016, the First International Apple Symposium was hosted in Yangling and Yan’an, Shaanxi Province.
- In the fall of 2016, construction began on a demonstration Nebraskan farm in Yangling, Shaanxi Province. Nebraska constructs 80% of the USA’s center pivot irrigation equipment.
- From 2015 to 2016, Shaanxi’s kiwifruit production increased from 1.23 million MTs to 1.31 million MTs. The bulk of Shaanxi’s kiwifruit orchards are primarily situated in the southern counties of Mei (Meixian), Zhouzhi, and Wugong.
- In 2015, Shaanxi Province’s Yangling Modern Agriculture Demonstration Park Development and Construction and Kazakhstan International Integration Foundation (founded 1994) established a cooperation project to test different crop (i.e. wheat, corn, rapeseed, soybeans, vegetables, and green seedlings) in near Almaty.
- In January 2015, officials from the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville met with met with officials from China Agricultural University in Beijing, Northeast Agricultural University in Harbin and Northwest Agricultural and Forestry University in Yangling.
Hong Kong Trends