A new China-Europe freight train was launched Tuesday [15 August 2017], linking Poland with Ganzhou in east China’s Jiangxi Province. The train, loaded with 41 containers of furniture, electronic goods, clothes and toys, departed from Ganzhou for Warsaw, Poland through Manzhouli port in north China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region…Full Article: ECNS.cn Aug 2017
- Going forward, the city of Ganzhou, Jiangxi Province, is hoping to develop into an international cargo distribution hub with new links to Turkmenistan and Tajikistan.
- In July 2017, freight train service (~12 days) from Ganzhou, Jiangxi Province, and Tashkent, Uzbekistan, was launched. The route crosses the Horgos border checkpoint in Xinjiang Region.
- In 2016, there were 25 outbound China-Europe freight train lines and seven inbound railway lines operating in Manzhouli, Inner Mongolia Region.
- In May 2016, a cargo train route linking Duisburg, western Germany, with Ürümqi, Xinjiang Region, (via Kazakhstan, Russia and Poland) began operation.
- In April 2012, the Horgos (Khorgas) International Border Cooperation Center opened on the Chinese-Kazakh border.
Hong Kong Trends