For Hardy Shao, the president of Worldlawn Power Equipment Inc, it has been quite a journey the last six years as he and his employees have rescued a commercial lawn equipment manufacturer and saved jobs in Beatrice, Nebraska. “This is a beautiful and very good community. I have been welcomed by the people here,” Shao said on Friday, marking the formal opening of the company’s new facility in this town of about 12,000 located 40 miles south of Lincoln, the state capital…Full Article: China Daily June 2017
- In 2011, Worldlawn Power Equipment (subsidiary of Jiangsu World Plant-Protecting Machinery) acquired the former Encore lawn mower factory in Beatrice, Nebraska.
- In June 2017, Nebraskan beef suppliers began shipments to Shanghai. Nebraska’s Greater Omaha Packing (founded 1920) was among the first US beef processors to receive export approval to mainland China. It will be the first time in 14 years that the company has supplied the Chinese market.
- As of May 2017, Chinese direct investments in Nebraska included USD 25 million in Worldlawn Power Equipment (lawnmower and farming equipment manufacturer) by Jiangsu World Group (Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province) and USD 3 million in in shipping and logistics by Easyway International (Xi’an, Shaanxi Province). During the same month (May 2017), China and USA reached an agreement on beef exports (slated to begin in mid-July 2017).
- In 2016, China’s beef market reportedly had an 830,000 MT supply gap. During that year, roughly 600,000 MTs of beef (22% increase from 2015) was imported by China.
- In November 2016, Nebraska’s Preferred Popcorn signed a contract with China’s Zhong Liang Tian Run (ZLTR) Trading. ZLTR resells the shipments of bulk popcorn (flavors of salty, sweet, and semi-sweet) in 50-pound bags to Chinese movie theaters and ready-to-eat markets.
- In the fall of 2016, construction began on a demonstration Nebraskan farm in Yangling, Shaanxi Province. Nebraska constructs 80% of the USA’s center pivot irrigation equipment.
Hong Kong Trends