Feihe Dairy – a leading producer and distributer of infant formula, milk powder and soybean products – has had expediential growth in the past year, increasing 80 percent in sales in 2016. Since then, in the first quarter of 2017, the domestic baby formula brand has grown by 34 percent, compared to the same time in 2016, and the company’s high-end sector has had a 191 percent increase year-on-year…Full Article: ECNS.cn Apr 2017
- In 2016, Feihe Dairy sales totaled CNY 6.8 million yuan (USD 980 million).
- China’s infant formula market is supplied by 70 foreign producers (~1,000 imported brands) and 108 domestic producers (~2,000 brands).
- In August 2015, the D20 Summit was held in Beijing. The summit included business leaders representing China’s top 20 dairy firms and resulted in the signed of the ‘Beijing Declaration’, an agreement to strengthen self-regulation and revitalize the dairy industry. Feihe International was one of the 20 dairy firms that participated in the summit.
- In May 2015, the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) published its “2014 infant formula milk powder inspection report”, noting that Feihe International had quality issues with some of its milk powder products.
- Founded in 1962 and headquartered in Beijing, Feihe International (NYSE:ADY) is a producer and distributor of infant formula milk powder.
Hong Kong Trends