Oxnard, California-based Mission Produce, today announced that it has completed construction on its first Ripe Center in China. The Center, operated by a joint venture between Mission Produce, Lantao International and Pagoda Stores, will operate under the Mr. Avocado brand for the distribution of ripe avocados in China…Full Article: Fresh Plaza Apr 2017
- As of early 2017, according to the Chairman of Pagoda, there are more than 1,800 Pagoda supermarkets in China, with 10,000 expected by 2020.
- In June 2016, Shanghai’s Lantao International (fresh produce importer/distributor) opened their first branch in Kunming, Yunnan Province.
- In late 2015, Pagoda Orchard acquired the Beijing supermarket chain of Guoduomei.
- In June 2015, it was reported that Pagoda supermarkets were expanding rapidly in Shanghai, with roughly 50% of their fruits were sourced from abroad. In May 2015, the company opened its 1,000 retail store.
- In July 2014, Shanghai’s Lantao International opened their first branch in Qingdao, Shanghai Province.
- In November 2013, Mexican Mission Produce avocados were distributed (via Shanghai’s Lantao International) to the cities of Zhengzhou, Shenyang, and Harbin for the first time ever.
- Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, Pagoda Orchard Industry Development (“One Hundred Fruits Garden”) operates and manages a boutique supermarket chain that focuses on fresh produce. Its product line includes pineapples, mangoes, oranges, blueberries, strawberries, cherries, avocadoes, apples, melons, and other types of fruits.
Hong Kong Trends