The Belt and Road International Trade and Investment Platform, a mutual exchange platform of global purchasers and suppliers, has agreed to promote Nepalese pashmina products in China, local chapter of the platform said. The international trade and investment platform was formed with a joint initiative of chambers of commerce, associations and authoritative organizations from countries and regions along the Belt and Road routes…Full Article: ECNS.cn Mar 2017
- From mid-July 2016 to mid-February 2017, according to the Nepal Rastra Bank, Nepal exported US$201,149 worth of pashmina to China.
- In 2013, China reportedly produced 18,114 MTs of cashmere. Inner Mongolia produced 7,901 MTs or 44% of China’s total cashmere output.
- Global pashmina production totals approximately 10,000 to 15,000 MTs annually, with China being the largest producer. In Nepal, pashmina (cashmere wool) is derived from the Chyangara goat.
Hong Kong Trends
Similar Posts by ChinaAg
- China’s Bohai Commodity Exchange (BOCE) and Mongolian Commodity Exchange (MCE) to Cooperate on Cashmere Trade; Freight Train Service to Connect Mongolia and Hebei
- China Overtook India as Nepal’s Largest Chemical Fertilizer Supplier
- Chinese Apple Shippers from Tibet Can Now Directly Export to Larcha, Nepal