Harbin Deputy Agriculture Mayor Zhang Wanping, the head of the official delegation of the People’s Republic of China to Belarus, expressed interest in setting up joint companies with Belarus to produce farm machinery and confectionery during a meeting with the Gomel authorities, BelTA has learned…Full Article: Eng.belta.by Mar 2017
- According the head of the Chinese delegation, China is interested in working with Belarus on agricultural projects related to harvesting machinery for wheat, rice, and potatoes. This includes continuing cooperation with Belarus’ Gomselmash (farming machinery company) and expanding ties with Belarus’ Spartak (chocolate) candy company. For instance, a joint venture between Gomselmash and China’s Zoomlion may be established, while Spartak candies have been certified (as of March 2017) for sale in eight Chinese provinces.
- In January 2017, freight train service between Hunan Province’s Changsha and Minsk began operating. This was Hunan Province’s fifth international freight rail route, following Hamburg (Germany), Warsaw (Poland), Moscow (Russia), and Tashkent (Uzbekistan).
- In May 2016, China and Belarus reached a trade agreement on meat during Shanghai’s SIAL 2016 international food expo. Hong Kong would reportedly import meat by-products from Belarus. Chinese imports of Belarusian beef and poultry were still under negotiation at the time.
- In 2015, Belarus exports just under US$15 million worth of food products to China.
- In April 2015, 12 Belarusian food companies were permitted to export dairy products to China. During the same month, China’s Hangzhou Wahaha Group (beverages and soft drinks) was exploring business/economic opportunities with Belarus. During the same month, Belarus exported 20 MTs of milk products (powder and pasteurized) to China as an initial test shipment. Also in April 2015, Belarusian farm machinery manufacturer, Gomselmash, and China’s Zongshen announced plans to establish factories (corn and grain harvesters) in Gansu Province and Hebei Province.
- In 2012, the Harbin Dongjin Gomel Agricultural Machine Company JV sold 660 forage harvesters and ear corn harvesters. This was triple the number of harvesters that were sold in 2011. The JV specializes in the manufacturing of 4YZQ-4 ear corn harvesters and self-propelled forage harvesters KSK-600 “Palesse FS60”.
- From 2009 to 2010, mainland China imported an average of 538 MTs of Belarusian milk powder (i.e. concentrated milk) annually. However, shipments stopped in 2011.
- In 2009, Gomselmash (Belarus) and Dong Jin Group Corporation (China) established the Harbin Dongjin Gomel Agricultural Machine Company joint-venture in Heilongjiang province.
- Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Changsha, Hunan Province, Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science & Technology Development (SHE:000157) (HKG:1157) is an engineering equipment manufacturer whose product line includes mobile cranes, cement trucks, forklifts, earth-moving machinery, fire fighting vehicles, tractors, irrigation machinery, UAV agricultural drones, harvesters, and tillers.
Hong Kong Trends