Preliminary work for the construction of the biomass power plant in Mansoa, central Guinea-Bissau, will begin in March, with the arrival of Chinese technicians, announced the Guinean representative of Chinese company Shenyang Lan Sa Trading Co Ltd, which is financing the project…Full Article: Macauhub Feb 2017
- In March 2017, preliminary construction will begin on a biomass power plant in Mansôa, Guinea-Bissau. The plant will reportedly produce 30 megawatts of power from agricultural waste (i.e. rice hulls, corn, and other grains).
- In October 2016, Guinea-Bissau and Shenyang Lan Sa Trading signed an agreement to construct biomass power plant and develop rice production (67% for consumption and 33% for the biomass plant).
- In June 2015, China’s ambassador to Guinea-Bissau stated China would increase its investment in rice production in Bafatá Region and elsewhere in the country. In addition to promoting rice production in Guinea-Bissau, China recently (as of June 2015) donated ~400 computers to various Bissau-Guinean government departments.
- In November 2013, China donated 1,400 MTs of rice to Guinea-Bissau after a poor cashew harvest (major export product).
- In 2012, Shenyang Lan Sa Trading Co Ltd signed agreements with Guinea-Bissau
Hong Kong Trends