The output of bottled natural drinking water from Southwest China’s Tibet autonomous region, known as “Asia’s water tower,” will surpass one million metric tons this year. Qiu Chuan, deputy director of the regional industry and information technology department, said Tibet has more than 40 bottled water production lines with combined capacity of 3.25 million tons a year…Full Article: China Daily Jan 2017
- From 2015 to 2016, according to Tibet’s Deputy Director of the Regional Industry and Information Technology Department, sales of bottled water from Tibet increased by 41% from approximately 425,531 to 600,000 MTs. Tibet has roughly 400 billion cubic meters worth of water resources.
- By 2025, Tibet will reportedly have five major bottlers (i.e. > 1 million MTs annual capacity) of natural drinking water.
- By 2020, Tibet plans to be producing at least 5 million MTs of bottled natural drinking water per year.
- In May 2013, Chinese water bottlers were pushing for a national unified standard for bottled water.
- In April 2013, a rival bottle water company based in Guangdong province claimed Nongfu Spring produces substandard water.
Hong Kong Trends