Taco Bell, the Mexican-themed chain under Yum Brands Inc, is making a comeback in the Chinese mainland to test diners’ appetite for nachos. The latest drive marks a test for Yum China Holdings－which operates household names such as KFC and Pizza Hut and has just become independent through an initial public offering－toward its goal of adding 600 stores per year on the mainland over the coming five years, said Chief Executive Officer Micky Pant…Full Article: ECNS.cn Jan 2017
- Taco Bell will relaunch in China with a new menu more suited to local tastes. This will include having more hot food options, new special sauces, and more affordable prices.
- In 2003, Taco Bell initially entered the mainland market but failed to gain a foothold.
- In early 2017, Yum China Holdings (YUMC) will reportedly open Taco Bell outlets in mainland China.
- In March 2016, Yum Brands announced it would open its first Taco Bell fast food restaurant in China by the end of the year. Additionally, Yum Brands opened its first Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) restaurant in Tibet.
- KFC is owned by Yum Brands, a company that also manages Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. The company also manages a high-end Italian restaurant in Shanghai called “Atto Primo”.
Hong Kong Trends