Origin Agritech Ltd. (Nasdaq: SEED) (‘the Company” or “Origin”), an agricultural biotechnology trait and seed provider, recently signed a definitive agreement with DuPont Pioneer, the advanced seed and genetics business of DuPont (NYSE: DD)…Full Article: PRNewswire Jan 2017
- Under the agreement, Beijing’s Origin Agritech will be given access to DuPont Pioneer’s non-GM corn seed products.
- In April 2016, DuPont Pioneer and Beijing’s Origin Agritech agreed to a “commercial licensing agreement” on GM seeds.
- In December 2015, Origin Agritech’s Chief Financial Officer announced plans to enter the US market by licensing its GM crop technology.
- In 2014, Originseed sold 28,000 MTs of corn seed (40 different types in total) to China, Russia, and Central Asian countries. Founded in 1998, Originseed is wholly owned by Origin Agritech. In Linze County, Originseed has a 120,000 sq. meter seed processing center and rents approximately 3,000 ha of land from farmers.
- In August 2009, China’s Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) issued safety certificates for the university’s two GM rice varieties (Shanyou 63 and Huahui-1/TT51-1) in Hubei Province and for Origin Agritech’s GM corn variety (BVLA430101) in Shandong Province.
- Founded in 1997 and headquartered in the Zhong-Guan-Cun (ZGC) Life Science Park in Beijing, Origin Agritech is an agricultural biotechnology company that specializes in the development of Genetically Modified (GM) crops. The company’s produces and distributes GM corn, rice, and canola. Origin also operates a winter nursery in Hainan province.
Hong Kong Trends