Dutch dairy company Royal FrieslandCampina will bring its “Dutch Lady” dairy brand to more places in the country, its CEO said at a press event on Tuesday [6 December 2016]. The “Dutch Lady” dairy products, developed by FrieslandCampina’s joint venture with China Huishan Dairy Holdings Co, officially hit the market in September . So far, sales have been “above expectations,” said Royal FrieslandCampina Global CEO Roelof Joosten…Full Article: The Global Times Dec 2016
- In 2017, FrieslandCampina China will be headed by the managing director of FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria.
- As of late 2016, Royal FrieslandCampina “Dutch Lady” brand dairy products were only being sold in Hunan Province, Sichuan Province, and Chongqing Municipality.
- In April 2015, China Huishan Dairy (HKG:6863) and Royal FrieslandCampina established a Chinese joint venture.
- In June 2016, the Dutch dairy, Royal FrieslandCampina, partnered with Suning Commerce Group (Chinese retailer) to sell dairy products in China. Royal FrieslandCampina hopes to expand their market penetration in the provinces of Anhui, Henan, Hebei, and Gansu. During the same month, Alibaba’s Taobao acquired just under 20% of (~1.8 billion shares for CNY 28.2 billion) of Suning.
- In 2015, Royal FrieslandCampina (founded in 1871) had approximately EUR 1 billion (US$1.13 billion) worth of sales in the Chinese market.
- In February 2014, Inner Mongolia’s Yili Group and officials from the Netherlands’ Wageningen University opened a dairy research and development facility. The opening ceremony for the new research and development center for Yili took place in Wageningen, the Netherlands.
- Founded in 1951 and headquartered in Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China Huishan Dairy (HKG:6863) is a dairy produce whose product line includes fresh milk, infant formula, and alfalfa (animal feed). As of early 2013, China Huishan Dairy had an infant formula production capacity of 160,000 MTs annually.
Hong Kong Trends