In its latest big buy, Charoen Pokphand Foods Plc (CPF), the SET-listed flagship of agribusiness giant Charoen Pokphand Group, has acquired Cofco Meat Suqian for 976 million baht [~US$27.4 million]. Through Chia Tai China Investment Co (CTCI), an indirect subsidiary of CPF in China, CPF will also take over the shareholder’s loans worth 2 billion baht…Full Article: Bangkok Post Dec 2016
- Charoen Pokphand Foods (CPF) owns 50.43% of Chia Tai China Investment Co (CTCI) via CP China Investment, a wholly owned subsidiary of C.P. Pokphand Co. (HKG:0043).
- Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Suqian, Jiangsu Province, COFCO Meat (Suqian) is a poultry (chicken) processor that operates primarily in the Yangtze Delta region.
- In December 2013, a deal that would see Wumart purchase the bulk of CP Lotus (HKG:0121), subsidiary of Thailand’s Charoen Pokphand Group, stores fell through as both sides failed to agree on payment terms.
- In September 2013, Charoen Pokphand Group (aka Chia Tai Group in China) opened an animal feed mill in Jingchuan, Gansu Province.
- In January 2013, it was announced that Charoen Pokphand Group was planning to acquire Chia Tai Food Enterprise, a manufacturer of meat and ready-to-eat products in China.
- In July 2010, Carlyle (American private equity company) acquired an 11.3% stake (US$178 million investment) in C.P. Pokphand Co., from Thailand’s largest agribusiness conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group (CP Group). The Hong Kong-based C.P. Pokphand Co. (HKG:0043) is one of China’s largest livestock and aqua feed producers.
Hong Kong Trends