Australia’s national airline Qantas has been named as the exclusive air freight provider to begin shipping fresh Tasmanian milk express to Ningbo, China. Qantas and VAN Dairy announced its partnership on Thursday [24 November 2016], with more than 50,000 liters of fresh milk to be shipped to China weekly…Full Article: The Global Times Nov 2016
- Qantas Freight (767-300F aircraft) will begin transporting weekly shipments of VAN Dairy milk to Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, in early 2017.
- In early 2017, weekly (non-passenger) air freight shipments of the new VAN Milk brand will be made to Beijing and Ningbo. After one year (~2018), these flights may increase to 2 to 3 times per week.
- In February 2016, Australia approved the sale of Van Diemen’s Land (VDL) to Lu Xianfeng. VDL was slated to be sold to Australia’s Tasfood for $180 million, but was eventually withdrawn by New Zealand’s New Plymouth District Council in favor of Lu’s Moon Lake Investments.
- In mid-November 2015, the Australian government vetoed the sale of S. Kidman and Co., a major cattle operator, on national security grounds. Around the same time, Moon Lake Investments (i.e. Lu Xianfeng, a Chinese businessman) made a successful bid on Van Diemen’s Land Company.
- In early November 2015, the Melbourne-based Tasfoods Ltd reportedly reached an agreement on acquiring Van Diemen’s Land Company. Tasfoods later sue over its failed acquisition and subsequently received a settlement payout in January 2016.
- Founded in 1825 and headquartered in Smithton, northwestern Tasmania, Van Diemen’s Land Company (VDL) is a major dairy company that holds approximately 19,000 dairy cows. The company supplies Fonterra, a New Zealand-based dairy company and the world’s leading milk products exporter.
Hong Kong Trends