Recently, the China Certification and Accreditation Administration (CNCA) suspended the Australian dairy registration qualifications of Viplus Dairy enterprises in China, but there is no indication of the reason for the suspension of registration…Full Article: The Epoch Times Nov 2016
- On 4 November 2016, the CNCA pulled Viplus Dairy’s import license.
- In June 2016, 3.8 MTs of infant formula from Viplus Dairy was prevented from entering China due to incorrect labeling.
- As of early December 2016, the CNCA had not lifted the import restriction on Viplus Dairy. For a complete list of approved international suppliers of infant formula to China, please visit: http://www.cnca.gov.cn/bsdt/ywzl/jkspjwscpqzc/
- In June 2014, China’s Certification and Accreditation Administration (CNCA) instituted new regulations that decreased the number of permissible foreign infant brands sold in China to 94. The majority of CNCA-approved foreign infant formula suppliers were based in New Zealand, Australia, USA, and Europe, with Singapore and South Korea being the only Asian approved suppliers.
- Tracing its company root back to 1893, Viplus Dairy’s factory is based in Toora, South Gippsland, Victoria, southeastern Australia. As of 2016, the company had an annual milk powder capacity of 20,000 MTs and was in the midst of completing an AU$10 million (US$7.5 million) factory expansion project when the CNCA halted imports.
Hong Kong Trends