Last December, an online auction of an island in the Maldives on Chinese e-commerce platform Taobao.com hit the headlines. Surprisingly for such a big deal, the agency that handled all the business transactions was a startup company in Chongqing. In April, 2015, the internet company Chongqing Meicun Technology Co Ltd launched jutubao.com, a website that provides one-stop services for land transactions at home and abroad…Full Article: ECNS.cn Nov 2016
- Jutubao began as an incubator startup at Tencent [see JD.com] Makerspace in Chongqing. The e-commerce platform primarily focuses on rural land transactions.
- Headquartered in Chongqing Municipality, Jutubao allows individuals to transfer, rent, sell, or enter into cooperation sharing agreements with their land.
Hong Kong Trends
Similar Posts by ChinaAg
- China’s Ministry of Agriculture and State Council to Build-up the Country’s Rural E-Commerce Market
- Alibaba’s Taobao Live-Streams Agricultural Products in Chongqing Municipality
- Xi Jinping Warns Local Government Officials Charged with Transferring Farmland to Take a Step-by-Step Approach and Not a “Great Leap Forward”