China’s specialist equipment maker CIMC ENRIC Holding Ltd will continue mergers and acquisitions in developed countries as part of its expansion into markets along the Belt and Road Initiative. The energy, chemical and liquid food equipment company is a major subsidiary of China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd, the country’s largest transportation equipment producer by revenue…Full Article: China Daily Nov 2016
- In September 2016, CIMC ENRIC Holding began brewery operations in Baoding [near Beijing], Hebei Province. These brewery plant included a mash filter, brew house, cold storage area and storage tanks. Additionally, another CIMIC owned brewery began operating in Jishui, Jiangxi Province.
- In June 2016, CIMC ENRIC Holding purchased (US$28.6 million) for Briggs Group, a UK-based food equipment producer (i.e. distilling, non-brewing yeast and equipment). The purchase will reportedly give CIMIC ENRIC a 30% share of the world’s brewing engineering equipment market.
- In 2015, the CIMC ENRIC Holding’s total sales were CNY 8.24 billion (US$1.22 billion). Its liquid food equipment business accounted for approximately 26% [~US$317 million] of its sales revenue.
- As of early 2016, Ziemann Holvrieka reportedly had a 40% market share of brewery equipment in mainland China.
- In June 2012, CIMC Enric Holdings acquired the Germany’s Ziemann International GmbH. Founded in 1852, Ziemann International GmbH is a manufacturer of food processing tanks/vessels for beer and other beverages. The Dutch and German companies were combined into Ziemann Holvrieka.
- In 2007, CIMC Enric Holdings (subsidiary of China International Marine Containers or CIMC) acquired the Netherlands’ Holvrieka Holding BV.
- Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, Cimc Enric Holdings (CIMC) (HKG:3899) is a subsidiary of China International Marine Containers, aka CIMC (SHE:000039). During the early 1980s, CIMC focused on shipping container manufacturing. In 1987, China Ocean Shipping (COSCO) became a major shareholder of CIMC via a joint-venture. In 1994, CIMC was listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange. In 1996, CIMC produced 199,000 TEU shipping containers. In 2002, the company began manufacturing shipping vehicles (semitrailers).
- Headquartered in Staffordshire, United Kingdom, Briggs Group supplies products/equipment to the food industries of biofuel, brewing, distilling, food processing (cooking, cooling and mixing equipment), and packaging.
Hong Kong Trends