On October 21st, after an inspection by the Zhanjiang Inspection and quarantine Bureau, a batch of fresh bananas will be exported to Iran for the first time. These bananas weigh 36,600 kg, and are worth 10.998 US dollars…Full Article: Fresh Plaza Oct 2016
- Zhanjiang, Guangdong Province, has 33,000 ha of banana plantations and primarily supplies the domestic market (last exports in 2013).
- In August 2016, Teheran hosted a Chinese Silk Road Economic Belt forum.
- In May 2016, Liaoning Wellhope Agri-Tech (SHA:603609) and Iran’s Abzi Gostar Mobtakeran Tehran signed a MoU to establish an animal feed joint-venture.
- In January 2016, China’s President Xi Jinping visited Teheran. As a result, China and Iran signed 17 Memorandum of Understanding/cooperation agreements.
- In May 2014, China’s Deputy Minister of Agriculture led a Chinese delegation that visited Shiraz, Fars Province.
- In 2013, China produced more than 12 million MTs of bananas. The top producers were Guangdong Province at 4.2 million MTs (35% of total output), Guangxi Region at 2.47 million MTs (21% of output), and Yunnan Province at 2.4 million MTs (20% of output).