Ten million US dollars is the value availed by China to support the construction of the Agricultural Technologies Demonstration Centre in Angola. The confirmation was made on Monday [17 October 2016] in Luanda by the Chinese ambassador to Angola, Cui Aimin, during the signing ceremony of the Implementation Agreement of the Project of Agricultural Technologies Demonstration Centre to Help Angola…Full Article: AllAfrica Oct 2016
- The Agricultural Technologies Demonstration Centre will be built in Mazozo, Icolo e Bengo, Luanda Province. The agricultural project will encompass 54 hectares and will promote animal husbandry (livestock), crop production, and food processing.
- In July 2015, a visiting delegation from Zhejiang’s Chamber of Commerce stated they would help develop the agricultural sector of Angola’s Huambo. The Secretary General of the Huambo provincial government stated 50 ha of land would be set aside for agricultural training.
- In May 2015, the China Investment Fund (CIF) Luanda Brewery LTD launched Bela Beer. According to the General Manager, the brewery can produce up to 100,000 MTs of beer annually.
- In May 2014, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and Angolan President Jose Eduardo dos Santos met and agreed that both countries should work together in infrastructure construction and agriculture.
- In 2014, Angola hosted approximately 260,000 Chinese nationals (Angolan population: ~21 million).