Diversified Chinese conglomerate New Hope Group Co Ltd’s Australian expansion has taken another step, opening its Australian headquarters in Sydney on Thursday [6 October 2016], eyeing further agribusiness acquisitions and an expansion of its fledgling real estate developments…Full Article: ECNS.cn Oct 2016
- New Hope Group has expressed interested in Australia’s dairy industry and increasing in investment in the country’s healthcare products sector.
- In 2013, New Hope Group acquired Australian NaturalCare (healthcare products) and the Kilcoy Pastoral Company Ltd (KPC). Since its acquisition, KPC (~240,000 head of cattle processed per year) has been merged into New Hope Group’s supply chain of meat processors.
- New Hope Group is reportedly China’s largest feed producer with an annual production capacity of 26.6 million tons.
- In September 2016, the Vice-President of New Hope Liuhe stated that his company may invest and look for acquisitions in Poland. The VP of New Hope also noted that company plans to invest approximately CNY 8.8 billion yuan (US$1.3 billion) in pig breeding. The company may also increase its poultry capacity.
- In April 2016, New Hope Group announced they planned to invest CNY 10 billion (~US$1.54 billion) on food related assets (e.g. high end animal protein) overseas over the next 3 to 5 years.
- In September 2014, New Zealand’s Synlait Milk announced plans to acquire a 25% stake in New Hope Group’s infant formula subsidiary, Sichuan New Hope Nutritional Foods (founded in 2001). New Hope Nutritional markets the “akara” brand of infant formula products in China.
- In December 2013, New Hope Group acquired Australia’s Kilcoy Pastoral Company, a beef processor that operates an abattoir in Queensland near Brisbane.
- In April 2013, New Hope Group expressed interest in establishing an animal feed plant in the port area of West Bengal, India.
- In 1999, New Hope Group set up its first overseas plant in Vietnam. It has since established eight overseas factories in Vietnam, Bangladesh, Philippines, India and Indonesia.
- In 1996, New Hope Group began its overseas investment strategy.
- Established in 1982 and headquartered in Sichuan province, New Hope Group is one of China’s largest privately owned agricultural conglomerate, with more than 400 subsidiaries and over 80,000 employees (as of early 2013). The firm is China’s largest feed producer, as well as one of China’s largest suppliers of meat, egg and dairy products. New Hope Liuhe (SHE:000876) is a Shenzhen-listed company of New Hope Group.