The New Zealand government on Thursday [15 September 2016] welcomed the opening of a major new Fonterra dairy hub in China and thanked Chinese authorities for supporting the project. Food Safety Minister Jo Goodhew said the Fonterra Ying Hub in Ying county, Shuozhou city of Shanxi province in north China, represented a significant investment in Ying county…Full Article: ECNS.cn Sept 2016
- According to New Zealand’s Food Minister, Fonterra’s dairy hub in Shanxi Province will have 30,000 cows, of which 16,000 will be dairy cows.
- In September 2013, Fonterra announced a 3,000 cow (dairy) farm in Ying County, Shanxi Province, would be completed by mid-2014. It was to be the second such dairy hub after Fonterra’s hub in neighboring Hebei Province.
Similar Posts by ChinaAg
- New Zealand’s Fonterra Inks Agreement with the Bank of China to Establish US$216 Million Multi-Currency Facility
- Fonterra (New Zealand) to build two more dairy farms in China
- Auckland-based Fonterra Receives Approval from China’s Ministry of Commerce to Purchase 20% Stake in Hangzhou-based Beingmate