A delegation of 40 Chinese entrepreneurs will visit Peru to learn about the country’s trade opportunities and exportable offer in order to forge closer bilateral trade ties, the Association of Peruvian Exporters (ADEX) announced today [21 September 2016]. Shandong province entrepreneurs will attend the China-Peru Business Round taking place on September 22 at the guild’s headquarters in Lima (Peru)…Full Article: Andina Sept 2016
- Those in attendance at the China-Peru Business Round in Lima, Peru, include the Deputy Directors of the Shandong Commerce Department and Shandong Fishery and Ocean Department, as well as representatives from Rizhao Xinhui Aquatic Breeding (seafood producer), Rushan Hengyu Food (fresh produce), and Shandong Luxin Food (poultry, beef and lamb producer),
- In 2015, according to Peru’s ADEX, Peru exported nearly US$242 million worth of food products to China. These exports included the ‘pota’ squid [aka the Humboldt squid], grapes, seaweed, crustaceans, flour, trout, fish liver, maca [a root vegetable], maca flour, tangerines and white corn.
- In April 2016, Peru exported (by air freight) fresh asparagus for the first time to mainland China. The asparagus was sold by the Citysuper supermarket chain in Shanghai.
- In 2013, China and Peru signed a phytosanitary agreement that paved the way for Peruvian asparagus exports.
- Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Rushan, Shandong Province, Rushan Hengyu Food produces canned and preserved fruits/vegetables. Its product line includes canned asparagus, canned corn, canned peaches, canned cherries, canned apples, canned oranges, canned olives, canned strawberries, and purée jam.
- Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Lima, Cámara de Comercio Peruano China (CAPECHI) is an industry association that seeks to promote trade with China. As of 2016, approximately 300 businesses were represented by the Peru-China Chamber of Commerce (CAPECHI). Peru’s Private Investment Promotion Agency, Proinversión Institucional, is also working towards increasing trade with China.