Australian wines are set to get a big boost in China with Alibaba Group Holding Ltd launching an online wine store, local media reported on Friday [2 September 2016]. The flagship online store featuring Australian wine has been launched on Alibaba’s business-to-consumer platform Tmall.com…Full Article: China Daily Sept 2016
- The new wine online store on Tmall.com will be managed by China’s Vinehoo.com.
- In June 2016, New Zealand’s Fonterra announced they would sell their “Tip Top” brand of ice cream on Tmall.com.
- In January 2016, Australia’s Blackmores and Bega Cheese JV launched three infant formula products for sale in Australia (store shelves) and China (Tmall.com).
- In November 2015, JD.com sued Tmall.com (Alibaba) in a Beijing court over unfair business practices. JD.com accused Alibaba of “forcing merchants” to exclusively sell/distribute products from a single e-commerce site for promotional marketing/activities.
- In September 2015, German hypermarket retailer Metro Group announced it would open an online store on Tmall.com to sell a variety of goods including dairy products, canned food, chocolate, and coffee.
- Launched in 2008 and owned by Alibaba Group, Tmall.com was spun off from Taobao.
- Launched in 2003 and owned by Alibaba Group, Taobao is an e-commerce platform that sells a variety of products (e.g. clothing, appliances, electronics, healthcare products, and more) directly to the consumer.