SkyPeople Fruit Juice, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPU) (“SkyPeople” or “the Company”), a producer of fruit juice concentrates, fruit juice beverages and other fruit-related products, today announced the official launch of Hedetang (Mei County) Kiwi Orchard on August 3rd, 2016 by Shaanxi Guoweimei Kiwi Deep Processing Company (“SGKD”), an indirectly wholly-owned subsidiary of SkyPeople, which signed a lease agreement of 20 thousand mu (approximately 3,300 square acres) of farmland with the Di’erpo Committe of Jinqu Village, Mei County, Shaanxi for 30 years, from August 5, 2016 to August 4, 2046…Full Article: SkyPeople Juice Aug 2016
- SkyPeople Fruit Juice’s new kiwifruit orchard (~1,333 hectares) in Mei County, western Shaanxi Province, with reportedly use UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) monitoring during the production process.
- In April 2016, New Zealand’s kiwifruit producer, Zespri, has reached an agreement with the provincial government of Shaanxi to promote research and scientific collaboration. Zespri also planned to open offices in Chengdu and Chongqing in order to market its kiwifruit in western China and expand its China-based staff from 25 to 90 over the next three years. Lastly, the company stated it would look to partner with local producers to cultivate kiwifruit in China.
- From 2013 to 2015, China’s kiwifruit production increased from 1.2 million MTs to 1.78 million MTs.
- In May 2006, SkyPeople Fruit Juice began producing kiwifruit after it acquired 50.2% of of Xi’an Jiaoda Qinmei Modern Agriculture. SkyPeople Fruit Juice’s ‘Qinmei’ kiwifruit orchards in Zhouzhi County, Shaanxi Province, were China’s largest kiwifruit production area.
- Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, SkyPeople Fruit Juice is located in one of China’s primary fruit-growing regions and is particularly well known for kiwifruit. In 2010, SkyPeople Fruit Juice transferred from NYSE Amex (NYSE MKT) to NASDAQ.