State-owned Jilin Grain Group Co Ltd, the largest grain trader in northeastern China by sales revenue, will use 10 billion yuan ($1.5 billion) of new investment to add new types of businesses this year, including agricultural insurance, machinery manufacturing and pesticides…Full Article: China Daily Aug 2016
- Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Wuhan, Hubei Province, Hubei Province Changjiang Industry Investment Group is a state-owned investment company that raised the CNY 10 billion (US$1.5 billion) for Jilin Grain. The investment company plans to raise an additional CNY 10 billion for phase two development projects over the next three years (2016 to 2019). Jilin Grain intends to use the funds to expand into agricultural machinery, pesticides, and high-end agricultural technology, as opposed investing in its traditional business of grain trading/processing.
- Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Changchun, Jilin Province, Jilin Grain Group is one of China’s leading grain companies. The company trades in corn, rice, sorghum, soybeans, and animal feed. According to a 2012 report, only COFCO Group and Jilin Grain Group are regularly allowed to import grain (e.g. corn, rice) into China, though other grains companies are granted import authorizations/concessions on occasion.
Similar Posts by ChinaAg
- China’s “Temporary Procurement and Stock” Program Under Fire After Grain Storage Operators in Northern China Found Selling Expired Grain
- Hubei-based Agricultural Company to Establish Feed Mill and Develop Sweet Corn Cultivation in Nigeria
- Shanxi Province-based Grain Supplier Forms New Subsidiary & Expands into China’s Northeast