Adama Agricultural Solutions said a possible merger with smaller Chinese rival Sanonda, first announced last year, could be completed in the first half of 2017. Sanonda is a subsidiary of China National Chemical Corp (ChemChina), which also owns 60% of Adama and may also buy the remaining 40% of the Israeli company, which is the world’s biggest producer of generic crop protection products…Full Article: The Star July 2016

Key Point

  • After the merge is completed, the headquarters of Adama Agricultural Solutions would remain in Israel and would also retain its brand names.

ChinaAg Comments

  • Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Beijing, ChemChina is China’s largest generic agricultural-chemical company. The company is the largest non-patented pesticide manufacturer of herbicides, insecticides, bactericides, plant growth regulators, more than 120 kinds of pesticides and over 800 preparations. ChemChina also manufactures animal nutrition products, rubber, and chemical fertilizers.
  • Founded in 1958 and headquartered in Jingzhou, Hubei Province, Hubei Sanonda (SHE:200553) is an agrochemical company whose product line includes pesticides (e.g. glyphosate, triazophos, etc.) and other chemicals. The company is a subsidiary of China National Chemical Corporation, aka ChemChina. In August 2015, Sanonda suspended trading its shares on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange once the Adama Agricultural Solutions takeover was announced.

Similar Posts by ChinaAg

Spread the word. Share this post!