This year Maslo-Del LLP plans to increase sunflower oil exports to China up to 10 KMT [10,000 MTs] against 4.6 KMT [4,600 MTs] last year. During January-May 2016 2.8 KMT [2,800 MTs] of sunflower oil was exported to China and till the end of the year the company plans to export at least 7.2 KMT…Full Article: BlackSeaGrain July 2016
- In April 2016, China’s Sinoma (China National Materials Group Corporation), a cement equipment and engineering company, announced it would annually purchase agricultural goods (e.g. vegetable oil) from Kazakhstan. At the same, China announced it would construct a vegetable oil plant in northern Kazakhstan.
- In March 2016, China imported 1,000 MTs of sunflower seed oil and 1,000 MTs of rapeseed oil from Kazakhstan by rail. Launched in late 2013, the Xi’an-Almaty cargo train route (~6 days) generally only carried goods from China to Kazakhstan, but has now begun shipping goods into China.
- In January 2016, China’s COFCO Group announced it would construct tomato processing facilities in West Kazakhstan Region, East Kazakhstan Region, and Kyzylorda Region. Construction on the first factory will begin in 2016 and will have a tomato paste production capacity of 4,000 MTs per day.
- In December 2013, the Zeleny corridor opened in Bakhty, East Kazakhstan Province and in its cross border checkpoint in Paikitu, Xinjiang Region, China. Additionally, Kazakhstan’s Akmola region [central Kazakhstan] planned to export 10,000 MTs of wheat to China by the end of the year. Kazakhstan expected to increase its wheat exports to China in the following years.
- In the Autumn of 2013, Chinese President Xi Jinping launched The Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road, a strategic initiative to boost the economic development and trade of countries lying along the South China Sea, Bay of Bengal, Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean, and Red Sea, as well as overland in Central Asia and Europe.
- Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Almaty, Kazakhstan, MASLO-DEL LLP produces and distributes consumer food products such as tomato paste, butter, margarine, spreads, liquid milk, condensed milk, ketchup, and mayonnaise. The company has an office in Ürümqi, Xinjiang Region.