China and Mongolia agreed to speed up the alignment of their development strategies and boost bilateral practical cooperation in major fields for better accomplishment of mutual benefits and win-win results, visiting Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said here Thursday. Li made the remarks during a joint press conference with his Mongolian counterpart Jargaltulga Erdenebat…Full Article: Xinhua July 2016
- The Chinese Premier noted that both countries should cooperate on the deep processing of agricultural and animal products.
- In 2016, China reportedly would import more than 400,000 MTs of forage from Mongolia.
- In 2016, Inner Mongolia’s Xilin Gol League and Mongolia would trade 20,000 horses, as well as an unspecified number of cattle and sheep.
- By the end of 2015, China will import approximately 100,000 MTs of forage primarily from the eastern Mongolian provinces of Sükhbaatar, Dornogovi, and Ömnögovi. The area of Mongolia (bordering China’s Inner Mongolia region) is known for its stock-breeding resources.
- In April 2013, it was confirmed that a South-South cooperation project between Mongolia and China was to progress to its second phase. The project is designed to strengthen Mongolia’s food safety, and boost its agriculture and livestock industry.