Minister for Commerce Khurram Dastgir Khan met the Secretary of Communist Party China of Yunnan Province Li Jiheng in Kunming, China. The two leaders expressed satisfaction over the successful fourth China-South Asia Expo, especially with regards to Pakistan’s active participation with the largest country pavilion…Full Article: Pakistan Today June 2016
- Pakistan’s Minister of Commerce hopes to export rice and fruits to Yunnan Province. The minister is leading a delegation to the 2016 China-South Asia Exposition.
- The 2016 China-South Asia Exposition will be held in Kunming, Yunnan Province, from June 12 to 17, 2016. The expo is sponsored by the Yunnan Provincial People’s Government. Malaysia’s Deputy Chief Minister stated he would lead a business delegation from Penang to the Fourth China-South Asia Exposition in Yunnan Province.
- In March 2016, representatives from the Rice Exporters Association of Pakistan (REAP) visited Beijing, Shenzhen and Guangzhou. According to the Senior Vice-Chairman of REAP, the Pakistani rice delegation met with representatives from COFCO Group, Shenzhen Cereal Association, Guangzhou Grain Association, Chamber of Commerce, and Foshan Grain Reserve Corporation.
- During the 2011 to 2012 fiscal year, China imported approximately 372,500 metric tons of rice from Pakistan. The imports primarily consisted of non-Basmati rice.
- In 2011, China began importing PK-386 Long Grain (non-Basmati variety) from Punjab Province, Pakistan.