Belarus plans to start supplying beef to China, BelTA learned from Alexei Bogdanov, the head of the main division for foreign economic affairs at the Agriculture and Food Ministry. “China would like us to launch the beef deliveries in the shortest time possible. The agreement was reached during a visit of the Belarusian delegation headed by Agriculture and Food Minister Leonid Zayats to Shanghai for the international food expo SIAL 2016,” he noted…Full Article: Belarus News May 2016
- China and Belarus reached an agreement on meat during Shanghai’s SIAL 2016 international food expo. Hong Kong will reportedly import meat by-products from Belarus. Chinese imports of Belarusian beef and poultry were still under negotiation.
- SIAL China, Asia’s Largest Food Exhibition, was held in Shanghai from May 5th to 7th, 2016.
- In April 2015, Belarus exported 20 MTs of milk products (powder and pasteurized) to China as an initial test shipment. From 2009 to 2010, mainland China imported an average of 538 MTs of Belarusian milk powder (i.e. concentrated milk) annually. However, shipments stopped in 2011.
- In April 2015, Belarusian farm machinery manufacturer, Gomselmash, and China’s Zongshen announced plans to establish factories (corn and grain harvesters) in Gansu Province and Hebei Province.
- In 2012, the Harbin Dongjin Gomel Agricultural Machine Company JV sold 660 forage harvesters and ear corn harvesters. This was triple the number of harvesters that were sold in 2011. The JV specializes in the manufacturing of 4YZQ-4 ear corn harvesters and self-propelled forage harvesters KSK-600 “Palesse FS60”.
- In 2009, Gomselmash (Belarus) and Dong Jin Group Corporation (China) established the Harbin Dongjin Gomel Agricultural Machine Company joint-venture in Heilongjiang province.