Guizhou-based Wengfu (Group) Co Ltd, a State-owned enterprise dealing in phosphorus and chemicals, is pressing ahead with its expansion in the Middle East, in its bid to utilize opportunities presented by China’s Belt and Road Initiative. The company was founded in the 1990s, and has since mastered phosphorus mining technology, which helps it in extracting 95 percent of phosphorus out of phosphate ore after removing impurities…Full Article: China Daily Apr 2016
- Wenfu Group served as a consultant to the country Jordan and its Chinese partner, Chongqing Minmetal and Machinery (CMMC), to produce phosphorus and potassium fertilizer.
- In 2007, Wenfu signed won a bid to mine and process phosphate in Saudi Arabia. From 2008 to 2015, Wenfu signed multiple contracts with Saudi companies totaling US$550 million.
- In February 2016, Chinese scientists warned that China’s reserves of phosphorus may be exhausted within the next 35 years.
- In September 2014, Chongqing Minmetal and Machinery (CMMC) signed a memorandum of understanding with Jordan Phosphate Mines to build a factory in southern Jordan that will process locally-sourced phosphate into high value-added products.
- In 2012, China mined 12.5 million MTs of phosphorus or approximately 40% of the world’s total output. Roughly 70% of China’s phosphorus production was used to produce synthetic fertilizers, with the average use totaling 80 kg per hectare of land.
- Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Guiyang, Guizhou Province, Wengfu (Group) is a state-owned fertilizer producer whose product line includes phosphate, potassium, organic fertilizers, ammonium sulfate, and NPK compound fertilizers.