Legend Holdings Corp., a Chinese investment group, has announced a joint venture with Australia’s KB Seafoods. The partnership is an important step for Legend Holdings’ agriculture and food business, with seafood as its pillar, said Chen Shaopeng, senior vice-president of Legend Holdings and chairman of KB Food, the new joint venture. The Kailis Bros’ seafood processing, wholesale and export business forms the base of KB Food…Full Article: Xinhua Apr 2016
- The seafood JV will be 90% owned by Legend Holdings and 10% by the Kailis family. The JV will focus on the Asia Pacific seafood market.
- In July 2014, the Senior Vice-President of Legend Holdings Ltd and Chairman of Joyvio Group stated that China produced approximately 12,000 MTs of blueberries on 20,366 ha of land in 2013. An increase from 2011 when China produced 4,100 metric tons of blueberries on 11,281 ha of land.
- In September 2012, Legend Holdings announced it would acquire KongFuJiang liquor for CNY 400 million yuan (~US$64.4 million).
- In March 2012, Legend Holdings purchased a share of Anhui YingJia Liquor.
- In November 2011, Legend Holdings purchased Heibei QianLongZui Liquor.
- In June 2011, Legend Holdings entered the liquor market when it acquired a 39% share of Hunan WuLing Liquor for CNY 130 million (US$20.9 million). By 2012, Legend Holdings fully acquired Hunan WuLing.