Textile producer Shandong Ruyi Group is believed to be in takeover talks with SMCP SAS, the owner of French fashion brands Sandro, Maje and Claudie Pierlot, according to media reports in Hong Kong. Bloomberg said the clothing group could be worth more than $1 billion in the sale. Private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts acquired a majority stake of SMCP in June 2013, and is reported to have engaged banks last year to consider strategic options, including the sale of its stake…Full Article: China Daily Jan 2016
- In June 2013, KKR purchased a 65% stake in SMCP from the private equity firm, L Capital (financially back by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton).
- In September 2015, KKR invested in Guangdong Yuehai Feed Group, an aquaculture feed producer. This investment represented the fifth Chinese agri-food investment made by KKR.
- In September 2014, KKR sold its final stake in China Modern Dairy Holdings for approximately US$80 million
- In May 2013, KKR divested of its 27% stake in Modern Dairy to China’s Mengniu Dairy.
- In 2011, KKR invested in United Envirotech Limited, a company that focuses on water treatment and recycling within China
- In 2010, KKR invested in the Beijing-based VATS Liquor Chain Store Management Co, Ltd., a national liquor store chain that sells both domestic and foreign brands
- In 2009, KKR invested in Ma’anshan-based (eastern China) Ma Anshan Modern Farming Co. Ltd., also known as Modern Dairy Farming, China’s largest unpasteurized milk producer.
- Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Zhanjiang, Guangdong Yuehai Feed Group primarily engages in the production and distribution of aquaculture feed (e.g. shrimp, prawns, fish feed, etc.) and fish food additives. The company also engages in aquaculture farming.
- Founded in 1976 and headquartered in New York City, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) is an American multinational private equity firm.
- Founded in 1972 and headquartered in Jining, Shandong province, Shandong Ruyi Group is an industry leader in woolen textiles, garments, cotton spinning and weaving, spandex fiber, printing and dyeing, cotton denims, cotton knitting and real estate.