Starbucks expects to open around 1,400 new coffee shops in China by 2019, the company said Tuesday [12 January 2016]. The Seattle-based coffee chain has been expanding aggressively in central and western China, with the number of stores tripling over the past three years to more than 300 across 23 cities in the region…Full Article: Xinhua Jan 2016
- In December 2015, Starbucks began marketing their goods on Alibaba’s Tmall e-commerce site.
- As of 2015, Starbucks had 1,700 coffee shops in China.
- In September 2015, Starbucks opened two stores in Xining City, Qinghai Province, northwest China.
- In March 2015, Tianjin’s Tingyi Group signed a deal with Seattle’s Starbucks to produce and distribute the coffee company’s ready-to-drink products in mainland China.
- As of December 2014, according to the President of Starbucks China, the company had 1,400 shops located across 84 cities.
- In January 2013, Starbucks China announced plans to have 1,500 shops by 2015.
- In 1999, Starbucks opened its first coffee store in China.