China and Georgia have launched negotiations for a free trade agreement (FTA), China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOC) said on Thursday [10 December 2015]. A memorandum of understanding was signed by the MOC and Georgia’s economic department to begin the talks, the ministry said in a brief statement…Full Article: ECNS.cn Dec 2015
- As of 2015, China was Georgia’s second largest supplier of imports and third largest trading partner overall.
- As of late-2015, China has FTAs with more than 20 countries including Australia, South Korea, Chile, Peru, New Zealand, Iceland, Costa Rica, Singapore, Switzerland, and Pakistan.
- In May 2015, China and Georgia announced 30 greenhouses would be built in the town of Marneuli, Kvemo Kartli region, southern Georgia.
- In November 2014, China and Georgia signed an agreement for the two-year project called “Vegetable Cultivation Technology in Georgia”.
- In January 2014, China and Georgia signed a Technical Cooperation Project agreement.
- In 2014, China donated 30 pieces of agricultural (irrigation) equipment to Georgia. China planned to donate another 26 pieces of equipment in 2015.