The first official “Green Channel” port for agricultural products has been opened to facilitate trade between China and Tajikistan. This is the first fast clearance channel for agricultural products between the two countries. Going forward, China and Tajikistan will give priorities to the handling and clearance of fresh products…Full Article: Fresh Plaza Dec 2015
- As a result of the agreement, customs clearance time between Tajikistan and China’s Xinjiang region has declined from six hours to only 30 minutes.
- In 2014, Xinjiang’s Port of Kalasu imported 64 MTs of agricultural products from Tajikistan.
- In September 2013, China and Tajikistan discussed establishing a free trade zone in Taxkorgan Tajik autonomous county in southwestern Xinjiang.
- In June 2013, Tajikistan exported (air shipped) just over 2 MTs of fresh cherries to Urumqi, Xinjiang.
- In May 2013, Tajikistan and China signed an agreement specifying the phytosanitary export protocols for fresh cherries.
- In 1997, southern Xinjiang’s Kalasu Port transit station opened. Kalasu is located in the Pamir Plateau and serves as the only direct transit route between Tajikistan and China. The point primarily serves Chinese exports to Tajikistan.