Buying drinks and snacks from vending machines is nothing new. But picking up your lunch from one is rather novel. In a move to tap into what could become a lucrative market, Sanquan Fresh Food started rolling out lunch box vending machines in office buildings across Shanghai’s business district last year . By June , the company based in Zhengzhou, Henan province, expanded its Fun Box business to Beijing…Full Article: ECNS.cn Nov 2015
- In 2016, Sanquan Fresh Food hopes to have their vending machines in Guangzhou and Shenzhen, southern China.
- Founded in 2015, Sanquan Fresh Food is a subsidiary of Sanquan Food Co Ltd. As of November 2015, the company had 700 Fun Box vending machines in Shanghai and approximately 300 in Beijing. Each machine can have up to 64 meals, with individual meal costing roughly CNY 15 (US$2.35).
- In February 2013, Sanquan acquired Shanghai Long Fong Co., a frozen food and food packaging company, from H.J. Heinz. Long Fong had operations in Shanghai, Zhejiang, Tianjin and Chengdu.
- In 2012, Sanquan Foods Co had nearly an 11% market share of China’s fast-frozen food retail market.
- Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Henan province, Zhengzhou Sanquan Foods Co Ltd. is a leading Chinese producer and distributor of quick-frozen food products. It products include quick-frozen glutinous rice balls, quick-frozen boiled dumplings, quick-frozen rice dumplings and quick-frozen flour pastry products. The company began trading on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in 2008.