KKR, a world leading investment institution, has made an investment in Guangdong Yuehai Feed Group, a large aquatic animal feed producer in China. The investment by KKR aims at expanding the business scale of Yuehai Feed Group and better fulfilling the demand of Chinese consumers for safe and healthy animal protein products…Full Article: Xinhua Finance Nov 2015
- As of 2015, this is the fifth Chinese agri-food investment made by KKR.
- In September 2014, KKR sold its final stake in China Modern Dairy Holdings for approximately US$80 million
- In May 2013, KKR divested of its 27% stake in Modern Dairy to China’s Mengniu Dairy.
- In 2011, KKR invested in United Envirotech Limited, a company that focuses on water treatment and recycling within China
- In 2010, KKR invested in the Beijing-based VATS Liquor Chain Store Management Co, Ltd., a national liquor store chain that sells both domestic and foreign brands
- In 2009, KKR invested in Ma’anshan-based (eastern China) Ma Anshan Modern Farming Co. Ltd., also known as Modern Dairy Farming, China’s largest unpasteurized milk producer.
- Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Zhanjiang, Guangdong Yuehai Feed Group primarily engages in the production and distribution of aquaculture feed (e.g. shrimp, prawns, fish feed, etc.) and fish food additives. The company also engages in aquaculture farming.
- Founded in 1976 and headquartered in New York City, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) is an American multinational private equity firm.