Officials at a Coca-Cola bottling plant in Northwest China’s Gansu Province said on Thursday [22 October 2015] a faulty use of online monitoring equipment led to inaccurate sewage data, after it was accused by local environmental authorities of forging data. An internal investigation found that the employee on duty discovered unstable data of monitored sewage, and his faulty handling led to the malfunction of online monitoring equipment, leading to “untrue data,” according to a statement sent to the Global Times on Thursday by Gansu COFCO Coca-Cola Beverage Company…Full Article: ECNS.cn Oct 2015
- On 11 September 2015, Gansu province’s Lanzhou Environmental Protection Bureau accused the COFCO-Coca Cola factory of forging its water pollution output by manipulating sewage sample data collection.
- In April 2015, China published its Action Plan for Water Pollution Prevention and Control
- In July 2014, China’s Ministry of Environmental Protection punished 19 companies for forging pollution data.
- China published an air pollution action plan in September 2013 and a water pollution action plan in April 2015. In July 2015, a soil pollution action plan was said to be forthcoming by the end of 2015.
- In China, Sprite, Coca-Cola, and Fanta are the primary drivers of growth for the Coca-Cola Company.
- In September 2015, Coca-Cola announced it would invest US$4 billion in China over the next three years.
- In April 2015, Coca-Cola acquired China Culiangwang Beverages (fruit and vegetable drink producer) via the China Green Group for US$400 million. China Culiangwang Beverages Holdings Ltd is based in Hong Kong.
- As of 2014, Coca-Cola has 43 factories in China and has invested US$9 billion in the country since 1979.
- In June 2014, Coca-Cola began construction in Harbin, Heilongjiang province, on a factory will that have nine production lines (sparkling and still beverages) and a total capacity of 1.2 million ton per year. The first phase of construction is expected to be completed in 2016.
- In 1994, Coca Cola built its first factory in Heilongjiang province in Harbin’s Economic-Technological Development Zone and as of 2014, the factory has three production lines (including Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta and Ice Dew) and a capacity of 190,000 tons per year.