An agriculture project sponsored by China-Africa People-to-People Friendship Action on Tuesday [4 August 2015] broke ground in southern Botswana’s Kangwe village. Under the action, Chinese Enterprises Association in Botswana will help Kangwe village leveling soil by employing specialized company and local villagers. The village will thereafter be able to grow crops on the land…Full Article: AllAfrica Aug 2015
- In 2013, the Chinese government founded the China-Africa People-to-People Friendship Action project
- The Chinese Enterprises Association in Botswana is comprised of approximately 30 Chinese companies (primarily state-owned).
- In 2014, China launched China-Africa People-to-People Friendship Action projects in Zambia, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Kenya.
- In 2010, Xi Jinping (Vice-President at the time) visited Botswana.
- In January 1975, Botswana and mainland China officially established diplomatic relations.